10 Best Waterproof Running Shoes 2021 – For Fall, Winter and Trail Running
Check The Top 10 Best Waterproof Running Shoes. Choose waterproof shoe for rainy season or trail running.
Today we are reviewing the best waterproof running shoes. We will also help you on how to choose the best waterproof running shoes.
Waterproof shoes can refrain the water from entering the shoe. If you are running on a rainy season with a typical shoe, the water will flow into your shoe, and make you uncomfortable. Though most waterproof shoes are expensive, but they are worth investing.
Running on a muddy, slushy, wet, snow condition can be very annoying. If you are serious about running, and don’t want to slow down, getting a waterproof running shoe is a no brainer. There was a time when most waterproof shoes were made of poor-quality and had low breathability.
But, the time has changed and a lot of new technologies with updated materials are introduced to make better waterproof running shoes with high-breathability, thanks to the Gore-Tex, eVent and Polartec.
- 1 Top 10 Best Waterproof Running Shoes 2020
- 2 ASICS Men GT 1000 4 GTX Running Shoe
- 3 Salomon SpeedCross 3 GTX
- 4 Adidas Outdoor Men Terrex Swift R GTX
- 5 Altra Running Lone Peak 2.0 Polartech Shoe
- 6 Salomon XA Pro 3D GTX Running Trail Shoes
- 7 Saucony Xodus 6.0 : Trail Running Waterproof shoe
- 8 Adidas Men AX2 Mid GTX
- 9 North Face Ultra MT GTX Trail Running Shoe
- 10 New Balance MT910V2 – Waterproof Running Trail Running Shoe
- 11 Final Verdict
Top 10 Best Waterproof Running Shoes 2020
A waterproof running shoe that you can rely on is ASICS Men 4 GTX. Most over pronators find it hard to grab a running shoe for them, and if you fall under that category, you can choose this ASICS Men GT 1000 4 GTX running shoe. Both moderate to over pronators will enjoy the features and support of this waterproof running shoe.
This waterproof shoe from ASICS uses a waterproof GORE-TEX upper. Besides being waterproof, it also has high breathability, which is uncommon in most waterproof running shoes. It also uses guidance trusstic system which integrates guidance line construction for improved gait efficiency with midfoot structural integrity.
The trusstic system is employed to reduce the weight of the sole unit while maintaining the structural integrity of the shoes. The rearfoot and forefoot gel cushioning system comes at aid to help the moderate to over pronators. Available in different sizes, this is undoubtedly one of the best waterproof running shoes you can rely on.
Best Waterproof Running shoe for Trail Running
- Gait-enhancing impact guidance system
- Made of waterproof Gore-tex Upper
- High breathability
- Rearfoot and forefoot Gel cushioning system
- Guidance Trusstic System to reduce the weight of the sole
- High durability
- Snow Rubber outsole
- Snug fit can be annoying to some users. Order a larger size
Founded in 1947, Salomon is one of the best top notch running shoe makers in the market. Salomon Speedcross 3 GTX is one of the best waterproof running shoes in the market. Salomon Speed Cross 3 GTX is specially designed for trail running purpose. It’s superb high-quality with Gore-Tex membrane offers a waterproof protection for almost all conditions.
Be it winter or rainy season, Salomon SpeedCross 3 GTX is up to prevent water or snow. The fully waterproof upper of Salomon SpeedCross 3 GTX makes sure your foot stays dry. The Gore-Tex extended lining also offers a good amount of comfort to the users.
The outsole of the Speed Cross 3 GTX is made of mud and snow contragrip layer to make it easy to tackle wet surfaces. There are other amazing features like the Sensifit technology, quick lacing system and more. In a nutshell, this is tops our best waterproof running shoes list.
- Gore-Tex membrane used for waterproof protection
- Can tackle snow, slushy, rain and almost all hars environment
- Fully waterproof upper
- High breathability
- Twisting motion controlling via 3D advanced Chassis to absorb shock
- Quicklace system
- Contragrip outsole offer higher performance onwet surfaces with good durability
- Sensfit technology for a comfortable and snug fit
- Durabilitty could be better. Several months, and they are worn out
- Slightly heavy
Despite it’s seemingly simple appearance, Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX is one of the most reliable waterproof running shoes in the market. Terrex Swift R GTX is a lightweight running show which comes with a breathable GORE-Tex membrane to make this shoe waterproof.
Since we are talking aboutdry terrains, it is important to tackle the slippery terrains. For that reasons, Addidas used several TRAXION outsole grip to combat the slippery terrain. Besides running, this shoe is widely used by hikers for it’s waterproof ability.
This shoe uses Ripstop upper with synthetic overlays for a good support. The speed lacing construction comes very handy for fast lacing and provides a snug fit to the users. The lightweight EVA midsole offers a good cushioning with the adiPRENE insert for improved comfort and shock absorbing ability.
- Lightweight waterproof shoe
- Gore-Tex membrane used to keep your feet dry
- Speed lacing
- TRAXION outsole grips slippery terrain
- Molded sockliner for comfort
- Lightweight EVA midsole offers cushioning
- adiPRENE insert increases comfort with shock absorbing
- Runs narrow
Running on a rainy season can be problematic if you don’t own a waterproof running shoe. Fear not, Altra Running Lone Peak 2.0 is a great shoe which can easily tackle the mud, water, puddles or streams.
It uses Polartec neosShell lining to keep your feet warm in cold weather. In order to keep your feet dry, it creats a weather resistant barrier between outside and your feet. The sandwiched StoneGuard offers a flexible protection to your feet from rock and trail debris. So you can use this shoe for hiking and trail running.
What’s more, this altra running shoe comes with fully cushioned ZeroDrop and FootShape toe boox to provide a better natural position to your feet. This will help you to get a better stability and put you into more effective running.
If you have a wide feet, this can be a good waterproof running shoe for you.
- Perfect for trail running
- Mesh upper with synthetic overlays
- Can tackle puddle, mud, streams
- Sandwiched StoneGuard protects from rocks and trail debris
- TrailClaw outsole with uphill and downhill lug traction to tackle trails
- Cushioned with ZeroDrop
- FootShape ToeBox provided
- Provides your foot into a natural position for enhanced stability
- Best Waterproof running shoe for wide feet
- Runs large, not for people with narrow feet
Salomon XA PRO 3D GTX is another great waterproof running shoes from Salomon. If you love to conquer those cheeky trails, you need a waterproof shoe which will get you covered in all weather. Like other waterproof trail running shoes, this one also uses waterproof GORE-TEX membrane. GORE-TEX membrane will prevent the water from breaching into the shoe’s interior, to keep your feet warm and dry.
Salomon used chevron tread pattern with a streamlined profile in this shoe. The stable 3D chassis will come very handy when it comes to comfort and protection. When running on trails, you need protection from rock or other sharp objects, and thankfully Salomon XA PRO 3D GTX is able to provide the protection. What’s more, the contragrip traction outsole comes handy at tackling wet surfaces.
- waterproof GORE-TEX membrane used
- Prevents water to get into the shoe's interior
- Keeps feet warm
- Chevron tread pattern used
- Stable 3D chassis for comfort
- Protects feet on rough trails
- Quicklace system used
- Contragrip traction Outsole used
- Feet feels cold on cold weather
- Snug fit can be annoying to some users
Saucony Xodus 6.0 : Trail Running Waterproof shoe
If you don’t want to breath the bank for a waterproof shoe, then this trail running waterproof shoe will come very handy to you. As you know Saucony is a trusted manufacturer of popular running shoes, this one is also not an exception.
Saucony Xodus is a trail running shoe designed to run on wet surfaces. Despite being water-resistant on the upper, it actually provides an excellent support if you run through the water. Besides a good construction and material, it uses toe shell guard for added protection to your toes.
For trail running, Saucony Xodus 6.0 comes with a lugged outsole to provide extra grip on wet surfaces with added durability.
- Water-resistant upper
- Great to handle heavy weight runners : See more running shoes for heavy runners
- Low cost
- Good comfort
- Toe shell toe guard for extra protection
- Lugged outsole offers better grip
- Tread life could be better
- Runs narrow, get one size larger
Designed to be among the best waterproof running shoes on the market, Adidas AX2 comes with a strong GORE-Tex membrane. Besides keeping your feet dry on the wet season, Adidas AX2 Mid GTX is highly breathable too, thanks to the breathable GORE-Tex membrane.
Adidas AX2 Mid GTX comes with a better grip to face the wet surfaces more easily and smoothly. Adidas Ax2 is used by hikers or people who are into fast pace activities. It uses top notch raw materials like the lightweight EVA midsole, hi-traction TRAXION rubber outsole and more.
The hi-traction TRAXION rubber outsole offers a great grip on wet surfaces to the wearers. The midsole uses adiPRENE material to provide extra support. Adidas AX2 Mid GTX also has a stylish design to make it more attractive.
- Made of strong GORE-TEX to keep your feet dry and waterproof
- GORE-TEX provides high breathabity
- Breathable fabric lining used for extra comfort
- High-traction TRAXION rubber outsole for improved grip
- Plush tongue and collar
- Molded foam insole for light light underfoot cushioning
- Stylish design
- adiPRENE® midsole material provides added support
- Great for hiking and fast paced acitivities
- Durability could be better
North Face Ultra MT GTX Trail Running Shoe
North Face Ultra MT GTX is an excellent waterproof running shoe for trail running. This running shoe uses Gore-Tex waterproof breathable membrane to keep your feet dry on muddy trails. This material will fend off the water from inserting into the feet.You can use North Face Ultra MT GTX in heavy rains, streams, puddles, and more.
The ripstop mesh with the forefoot can prevent the tearing that may occur from the trails.To increase the level of comfort, the FlashDry collar lining comes very useful. It can accelerate the evaporation of the built-up perspiration. If you need cushioning with your shoes, then it’s great for you. The two-piece midsole can soften the impact of the treading over harsh terrains.
- GORE-TEX waterproof breathable membrane used
- Good breathability
- Waterproof material allows moving through heavy rainfall, muddy trail runs, streams
- FlashDry collar lining for comfort
- Run through rough terrain
- Ripstop mesh forefoot prevents tearing from abrasive trail surfaces
- ESS forefoot plate protects your feet from stone bruises
- Vibram MegaGrip sole for better grip
- Runs narrow
New Balance MT910V2 – Waterproof Running Trail Running Shoe
New Balance has been a very active manufacturer to assist the athletes to achieve their goals. New Balance shoes are made of high-quality materials to meet the need of users. New Balance MT910V2 is a waterproof running shoe for trail runners.
This waterproof running shoe is a good fit for wide feet runners. Thi shoe uses rock stop flexible protective layer which will protect your feet from harsh environments like rock. This shoe has the ability to minimize the pressure with shock absorbing ability.
The innovative REVLITE foam will come very handy for better responsiveness with high durability. Despite being lightweight, none of the feature is minimized, but kept at their fullest potential.
- Revlite midsole for enhanced responsiveness and durability
- Toe protection provided
- Rock stop flexible protective layer to protect your feet from harsh environments
- Dispers shock easily
- Not so durable, worn out after couple of months
La Sportiva Wildcat 2.0 GTX (Trail)
La Sportiva Wildcat is a good waterproof shoe for trail running. No matter whether you are running on trails or running through heavy rain in the neighborhood, this waterproof shoe got you covered. La Sportiva WildCat 2.o GTX uses stretchy Gore-Tex material to provide comfort and make your feet dry on the rain.The one-piece nylon airmesh upper is super lightweight and highly breathable. It will also provide a snug and a perfect fit for most users.
The EVA midsoles feature 2.4mm LaSpEVA extra layer for better shock absorption with cushioning to tackle the impact forces.If you are running on wet surfaces like a trail, the aggressive outsole can come very handy by ensuring a better grip and fantastic traction. What’s more, the tongue webbing will keep out the debris.
- Gore-Tex material used for waterproof and breathability
- Lightweight AirMesh upper
- Good snug fit
- EVA midsole features 2.4mm LaSpEva extra layer for better shock absorption
- Sticky Aggressive FriXion AT outsole for better grip
- Tongue webbing keeps out the debris
- Impact brake system X-Axis to absorb shock to reduce body strain
- Get half a size bigger if you hate snug fit
Even though most people wants waterproof shoes for trail running, these can be very beneficial if you are running on a rainy season. I have mentioned some of the best waterproof running shoes to help you choose the perfect one for you.
My vote will go for ASICS GT 1000 4 GTX for it's tremendous performance. Be it trail running or casual running, this shoe is the best waterproof running shoes in my opinion. I have also listed other waterproof shoes for you. Salomon SpeedCross 3 GTX is also a fantastic shoe you can rely on. Meanwhile, if you have any recommendations for best waterproof shoes, you can leave them in the comments section below.