10 Best Running Shoes For High Arches 2019
Running is a very popular outdoor activity loved by a lot of outdoor lovers. Running can help you to have a healthy and fit life. However, wearing a wrong pair can do more damage than good. A lot of new runners with high arches uses ordinary shoes for running. This can be very dangerous, and can cause trouble or pain to your leg.
But the good thing is you can easily recognize whether you have a foot with high arch or not. We have already provided a short test which you can do at home to find this out. If you have high arch there are several bad things that can happen to you. You may have ankle strain, shin splints, stress fractures of the tibia, plantar fasciitis, pain on the foot or even a ligament rupture can happen. All of these bad things can be eliminated by using a perfect shoe with high arch support.
- 1 10 Best Running Shoes For High Arches 2019
- 2 What is High Arch Foot?
- 2.1 How to know if you have high arch foot?
- 2.2 Why Do I need a high arch support running shoe?
- 2.3 What are the Common Injuries of High arches?
- 2.4 Brooks Men’s Beast 14
- 2.5 Nike Air Pegasus+ 30 Running Shoes
- 2.6 Brooks Glycerin 11
- 2.7 Asics Gel Kinsei 4
- 2.8 Mizuno Wave Prophecy 5 – Men and Women
- 2.9 New Balance Men MT1210 NBX Trail Running Shoe
- 2.10 Altra 2 Running Shoe
- 2.11 Saucony Ride 7
- 2.12 Hoka One One Clifton 2
- 2.13 Adidas Supernova Glide Boost 7 Men Running Shoe
- 3 How To Choose The Best Running Shoe For High Arches?
- 4 Conclusion
10 Best Running Shoes For High Arches 2019
|Brooks Men’s Beast 14||N/A||4.8|
|Nike Air Pegasus||Women Version||4.7|
|Brooks Glycerin 11||Women Version||4.8|
|Asics Gel Kinsei 4||N/A||4.7|
|Mizuno Wave Prophecy 5||Women Version||4.6|
|New Balance MT1210 NBX||N/A||4.3|
|Saucony Ride 7||Women Version||4.6|
|Hoka One One Clifton 2||Women Version||4.6|
|Adidas Supernova Glide Boost 7||Women Version||4.7|
What is High Arch Foot?
High arch is called Pes Cavus in medical terminology. It’s a foot type where the maximum weight is placed on the ball and the heel of the foot. It’s quiet uncommon and requires you to wear special shoes for running.
How to know if you have high arch foot?
At first, you need to identify your foot type before getting any shoes. To determine the type of your feet, you need to place your foot in water or paint. After that, place a white paper on a plain surface. Then place your feet on the paper, and you will be able to know whether you have a high arch feet or not. If the footprint looks like the picture below, you have a high arch. If you see the heel and the front of the foot is contacting with the ground, you have an foott with a high arch.
Why Do I need a high arch support running shoe?
The answer is simple. Like the flat feet runners, your high arch foot is unable to absorb the shock. The natural shock absorption is usually very poor on people with high arch. This is people with high arches need special running shoes with support on the midfoot. It can be either a bump in the midfoot, or a specifically engineered midsole or just a supportive band in the upper. These all ensures that you get to run without any injury or pain if you have high arches.
What are the Common Injuries of High arches?
Besides pain, high arches can cause several injuries also. I am listing some of the most common injuries that can happen of high arches
- Plantas fasciitis
- Ankle sprains/pain
- Massive pain
Brooks Men’s Beast 14
Best Running Shoe for High arch runners: By one of the most highly respected running shoe makers in the world, Brooks 14 beast, this is arguably one of the best running shoes for high arches. Brooke Sports is an American company who have been manufacturing excellent running shoes for a while. Brook Beast 14 is widely used for high arch foot runners.
This is great to be used for neutral pronators and has neutral arch support. The reasons why this works great for high arches foot is that it provides excellent cushioning. Due to the incredible cushioning, after a long run or walk, you won’t feel the pain.
- Excellent cushioning for great support
- Brooks DNA midsole can adapt for custom cushioning with better stability
- Best for moderate to over-pronator who needs a balance of stability and cushioning
- Padded tongue & collar allows better comfort
- Sockliner technology with the Moisture-managing Element mesh upper offer high breathability and keeps foot fresh and cool
- Slightly narrow, get one size bigger
Nike Air Pegasus+ 30 Running Shoes
Highly lauded for the quality of material, construction and design of their running shoes, Nike comfortably holds prominence in the shoemaking community as one of the greatest manufacturers in the world. By keeping the legendary lightweight mesh upper in control, Nike Air Pegasus +30 is an excellent running shoe for the money.
This pair of running shoe offers high breathability with advanced cushioning to provide a comfortable and smoother ride to the wearer. The responsive cushioning with the natural motion design reduces the overlays in flex zones. Thus, the foot can move freely. This helps the runner with a high arch to feel comfortable and have the support they want.
- Midfoot underlay support pannel provides great support with excellent comfort
- Highly flexible and smooth transition
- Engineered mesh used for high breathability
- Premium cushion foam provides supportive feel for high arch runners
- Environmentally preferred solid rubber
- Reflective skin under saddle
- Narrow on the front, get one size bigger
- Not for people with wide feet
Brooks Glycerin 11
Brooks Glycerin 11 is one of the best running shoes for high arch runners. A lot of runners with high arches relies on this running shoe for it’s comfortable upper with the 3D fit print overlays. Brooks Glycerin 11 has a snug and supportive fit with cush stacking from the top. It will provide a smoother performance.
There are lots of other features like the moisture-managing element mesh with synthetic overlay materials for extra comfort. The midfoot shank is removed for optimizing the ground contact for a better transition. What’s more, there are caterpillar crash pad, S-257 Cushhole, BioMoGo and more. In a nutshell, this is a great neutral running shoe for high arch runners.
- Ultra comfortable upper
- Moisture-managing element mesh
- Highly comfortable
- Midfoot shank removed for optimizing ground contact for better transition
- Responsive neutral cushioning
- Snug fit might be annoying for some users
Asics Gel Kinsei 4
Asics Gel Kinsei 4 is another great running shoe for high arch runners. This incredibly cushioned running shoe is designed to offer a great amount of cushioning for max support to the high arch runners. This can absorb the shock pretty well, and makes sure the high arch runner doesn’t feel pain. It comes with a highly breathable upper which helps to make the runner’s foot fresh.
Even the removable insole also comes with a nice amount of cushioning. There is some sticky material on both sides of the hillside to prevent the shoe from slipping. There is also some support on the back of the shoe for the hill. It extends to the bottom of the shoe with a plate with extra support. In a nutshell, Asics Gel Kinsel 4 is an ideal choice for high arch runners.
- Biomorphic fit upper flexibility
- Solyte midsole foam
- Gel cushioning system
- Removable insole is cushioned too
- Personalized heel fit technology for custom fit
- ComforDry sockliner management keep foot happy
- Durability could be better
Mizuno Wave Prophecy 5 – Men and Women
No matter your adaptability level, picking up a good running shoe is highly suggested for high arch runners. Mizuno is a trusted and popular shoe manufacturer for their outstanding running shoes.
Mizuno Wave Prophecy 5 is a great shoe for high arch runners. This shoe comes with a full-length infinity wave plate for maximum cushioning from heel to toe. It uses premium U4icX
- Excellent cushioning
- Highly stable and smooth ride
- Infinity wave plate
- External heel counter offers a secure fit
- U4iC midsole platform for responsive and superior ride
- High price
- Slightly heavy
New Balance Men MT1210 NBX Trail Running Shoe
Whether you are wandering the streets of a city or running on trails, New Balance MT 1210 NBX is a faithful buddy for you. This is a beautifully designed running shoe used for trail running by high arch runners. New balance has always been a shining manufacturer who have provided quality products for athlets at a decent price, and New Balance MT1210 NBX is no exception. Packed with premium features and made of high-quality materials, New Balance MT1210 NBX is one of the best running shoe for high arch runners.
New Balance MT1210 NBX comes with
- Debris free cnstruction
- Optimized for trail running
- Competitive price
- N2 low-to-the-ground cushioning for comfort
- REVLite midsole
- Vibram traction outsole
- Medial post can prevent overpronation
- Snug fit might be annoying to some users
Altra 2 Running Shoe
Altra 2 is a highly cushioned neutral running shoe. Altra 2 has a unique foot shape with a toe box to allow the toes to spread naturally. This gives the user to have better stability and speed while running. The innerflex technology with the midsole offers more flexibility for smooth running. Altra 2 weighs 9.1 oz for men’s size 9 and 7.5 oz for women’s size 9.
It boasts a lot of other features like quick-dry air mesh, low-impact foot pod outsole technology, natural flex, contour footbed upper and more. The comfort and the flexibility allow this shoe to be an everyday running buddy.
- High cushioned neutral everyday running shoe
- Footshape Toe box
- Great stability with high speed
- Innerflex technology with midsole for more flexibility
- Seamless upper
- Lightweight and responsive
- zero drop
- Durability could be better
Saucony Ride 7
Saucony Ride 7 is another great running shoe for high arch runners. If you are unfortunate and have severe plantar fasciitis problem, Saucony Ride is a great option for you. Saucony Ride 7 comes with a good amount of cushioning for increased comfort for the users. The Powergrip for heel-to-heel cushioning makes it easy for high arch runners to have the comfort they deserve.
- 8mm heel-to-toe offset
- Powergrid lightweight ultra-premium cushioning
- Rundry interior lining wicks away moisture
- Increased visibility via the silver reflective at heel
- SRC crashpad in midfoot for smooth transition
- breathable air-mesh
- iBR : Lightweight and durable outsole rubber can enhance other cushioning materials
- Narrow and snug fit
Hoka One One Clifton 2 is one of my most favorite running shoe for it’s excellent features and comfort. Hoke One One was a legendary running shoe which got uplift in the latest version. Hoka One One Clifton 2 is an ultra-lightweight shoe with a comfortable upper. This running shoe comes with incredible cushioning which offers a very smooth and comfortable ride.
It is enriched with
- Ulra lightweight
- Great shock reduction
- Meta-rocker midsole geometry
- Available in different color
- Full-length compression molded EVA
- Can be used on almost all terrain
- Snug fit
- Outsole durability could be better
Adidas Supernova Glide Boost 7 Men Running Shoe
There’s no pointing of introducing Adidas; they are one of the best fitness gear and clothing manufacturer in the world. Adidas Supernova Glide is a cool running shoe for high arch runners. It comes with engineered mesh upper which helps it to adapt to almost all types of fit. It also makes sure the breathability is high for the users.
The torsion system for midfoot integrity is one of the crucial features of Adidas Supernova Glide Boost 7. In a nutshell, this is a good lightweight neutral shoe with a decent arch support for high arch runners.
- Torsion system for midfoot integrity
- Midfoot sock-like fit wraps around the foot
- Engineered mesh upper for high breathability
- Good arch support
- QuickStrike outsole decreases the weight and allows better flexibility
- Slightly stiff on the toe area
How To Choose The Best Running Shoe For High Arches?
Choosing the best running shoes forhigh arch foot is slightly tricky if you don't know the factors. The very first thing that you need to know is whether you have a high arch foot or not. We have already written about it on the first portion of this article. Click here to determine your feet type.
Most high arch foot runners need extra cushioning for comfort. This cushioning helps them to absorb the shock more easily than typical shoes. It’s important because the high arch runners lack the ability to absorb the shock easily.
Besides providing comfort, the support and shock absorption becomes very crucial to the users. Different manufacturers use different types of cushioning. Some shoes might come with air cushioning; some may offer gel cushioning or glycerin. Usually, the neutral cushioning shoes come with the single-density midsole, meaning it’s uniform across the sole.
Besides cushioning, most high arch runners need better flexibility. High arch runners need to disperse the impact of steps, and that’s why the flexibility is an important issue. A shoe with soft upper will be flexible. You also need to check the sole off the shoe. If the sole and upper is flexible, a high arch runner would feel better while running.
One of the most overlooked thing to shop the best shoe for high arch is the shape. You should check which shape suits your feet better. A shoe with a curved last might suit better for the high arch runners.
Running without proper running shoe will not only cause you pain, but it might damage your future career or leave a permanent damage on your foot. This is why it is crucial to read the factors above and grab the perfect running shoe for you. I hope this article helped you to grab a good pair of shoe for your high arch feet. If you have any suggestion, please leave them in the comments section below.